01. Clean the fish very well, make slits on it and drain well till dry.
02. Chop the onions, ginger , garlic and green chillies finely. Grind the ingredients under 4, with a little vinegar, to a fine paste.
03. Heat the coconut oil in a heavy bottom pan (urli) , fry the cinnamon pieces and remove. Now add the ingredients under 2 and sauté well. When the onions are cooked thoroughly, add the ground paste and fry well on a low flame. When the raw smell goes, add the tomatoes and sauté well again.
04. When the mixture is well sautéed, add 2 cups of boiling water. When the gravy boils, add the salt and the remaining vinegar and mix well.
05. Add the fish pieces into the gravy and sauté till the gravy thickens and the fish is cooked well.
06. Now, wrap each piece of fish, along with the masala gravy inside a banana leaf. Tie securely with banana fibre and roast on a hot tava.