|01. Mussels- 20|
02. Ponni rice grains - 1cup
03. Coconut , grated – one half
04. Shallots, chopped - 2
05. Fennel seeds, powdered – ½ tsp
06. Cumin seeds (nalla jeeragam), powdered – ½ tsp
07. Cinnamon, powdered – one pinch each
08. Cloves, powdered – one pinch
09. Cardamom, powdered - one pinch
10. Salt- to taste
11. Refined wheat flour (maida) – 1 tbsp
12. Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
13. Salt – to taste
14. Oil – to fry
01. Clean the outer shell of the mussels well and split it open partially with a knife. It should not split open too wide. Wash away the dirt and clean it well.
04. Mix the grated coconut, shallots, powdered fennel seeds, powdered cumin seeds, powdered cinnamon, powdered cloves, powdered cardamom and salt. Grind it all well into a thick paste and keep aside.
05. Next, take this mixture, little by little and fill it neatly inside the mussels.
07. Remove the vessel from the flame and when it cools, remove the shell of the mussels.