01. Pre heat oven to 375oF.
02. Beat the butter with a high speed mixer for 45 seconds.
03. Add the sugar, baking powder and salt followed by the vanilla essence and eggs and mix well.
04. Fold in the white flour and beat well. If you are not able to beat with the mixer, knead well with your hands.
05. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for half an hour.
06. Roll out the dough and cut to desired shapes using cookie cutters.
07. Arrange the cut cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes till the edges turn crisp and bottom brown.
08. Transfer to a wire rack, decorate and serve.