01. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
02. Put the chocolate into a bowl. Now place this bowl in boiling water till the chocolate melts and then, keep it aside.
03. Sieve the refined wheat flour (Maida) and baking powder together.
04. In another bowl, mix the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla essence and beat well till soft and creamy.
05. To this, break and add the eggs one by one. Beat well after adding each egg.
06. Gently add in the sieved refined wheat flour (Maida)-baking powder mixture into the batter.
07. Mix it very well.
08. Next, divide this batter into two halves and add the melted chocolate to one half of the batter.
09. Grease and prepare a ring mould. Pour the white cake batter and the chocolate cake batter in alternate layers into the mould. When both the batters have been poured fully, gently tap the ring mould.
This is to help the two layers settle into each other.
10. Place this prepared ring mould into the pre-heated oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or till it is done.
11. When the cake has cooled down completely, place it on the cake rack.
12. Place the ingredients for the icing, i.e. cooking chocolate, double cream and butter, in a saucepan and mix well.
13. Place this saucepan in boiling water and keep stirring continuously till it is all mixed well.
14. The chocolate should be melted, thick and very soft.
15. Pour this mixture, while still very hot, on to the cake that has been placed on the rack.
16. Then, place the cake along with the rack, in the refrigerator to set.
17. Make flowers and leaves using the same mixture and use it to decorate the cake.