HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT IN INDIA
FOCUS AREA OF THIS UNIT
• HUMAN RESOURCE
• QUALITATIVE ASPECTS OF HUMAN RESOURCE
• EDUCATION AND HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
• HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND HEALTH CARE
We are going to analyse the unit ' Human Resource Development in India', the 3rd unit of SSII Part I.
Things to be remembered:
• Human resource refers to people who have the manpower which can be utilized in the production sector.
• Education, health care, literacy rate, life expectancy etc. are the Qualitative features of Human Resource Development.
• Education has a major role in moulding skilled people.
• Experts are of the view that 6% of the N.1 must be spent for providing facilities in the educational sector.
• Health is a state of physical, mental and social well being.
• The government has setup institutions work at different levels starting from health sub centers at the lower level upto Medical Colleges, at the top.
Now be familiar with some Question Models.
1. What is Human Resource Development? Write down any two levels of Human Resource Development. (Score 3)
• Human Resource Development is the development of man's physical and material abilities through education, health care and training (1 Score)
• Individuals take efforts to develop their own skill (1 Score)
• Family creates an environment for the development of the potential of the individuals. (1 Score)
other similar points can be written
2.Which are the Qualitative features of Human Resource Development? (3 Score)
• Education. • Health Care. • Literacy rate
• Life Expectancy (Any 3 Points)
3. What are the qualitative factors that improve the labour potential? (3 Score)
This question is somewhat similar to the second one. But you will get the full score, when answering the question by adding suitable or relevant points.
• Education, •Health Care •Training
• Social Capital (Any 3 points)
4. One advantage of the development of (improvement of) human resource has been given. Write any other 3 similar points.
• Economic inequality is reduced
• National resource is utilized effectively
• Social welfare is ensured
• Entrepreneurship improves.
5. Complete the following flow chart which shows the relationship between 'Education and Development of a Country. (3 Score)
• You can either draw the chart or can write the answer directly
a Improves the skills of individuals
b Helps to secure better job and income
c Improves the standard of living.
Education->a ?-> Betters the technological know how->>>b.->>>C.∙∙∙∙∙
6. Match the following (4 Score)
A. To ensure universal education to all
B. To increase the access to higher education
C. To ensure integrated development of children up to 6 years
C. SSA (SSK)
D. Ensure secondary education to all
Towards answer: Preparing answer by drawing the table is the best way. Write all the things in column A without any change. Then select the most suitable one from the column B and write along with each.
A-c, B-d, C-b, and D-a
7. Write any three problems exist in the educational sector of India which need to be solved (3 Score)
• Certain Sections dropout from schools without completing primary Education.
• There is a lack of availability of basic facilities in the education sector (1 Score)
• Quality of education has to be improved (1 Score)
8.“ Healthy persons can participate in the progress of a country”. substantiate this statement with suitable points.
• Production increases with the increase in efficiency and number of working days.
• Natural resources can be utilized properly.
• Medical expense can be reduced, thereby reducing the government's Expenditure.
9. One of the Facilities to be ensured for health care is given. Write any other four facilities.
• Availability of nutritious food
• Availability of clean water
• preventive measures
• Medical Facilities
Write answers to the questions with 1 Score, in a word or sentence.
Here are some model questions:
a)People who have the man power which can be utilized in production sector is known by this name
b) The term given to the percentage of population that can read and write with comprehension.
c) The Law passed by the government of India parliament with the slogan “Elementary Education to all”.
d) Name the institution which is working in the rural sector to provide quality health service to all.
e) The technical term to express the expected average years of life of a person lives is...........
f) The institution to provide improved health service to the residents of urban slums and other marginalized people in towns with a population of more than 50,000.
a. Human Resource
b. Literacy Rate
c. Right to Education Act (RTE)
d. National Rural Health Mission (NRHM)
e. Life Expectancy.
f. National Urban Health Mission (NUHM)
Summary : SSLC pareekshasahai social science-II (unit-3)